The Children's Christmas Pageant is a wonderful annual tradition at Herndon UMC. Each year this musical gives children age 3 through 6th grade an opportunity to learn about and share the Christmas story. This year's Christmas pageant is “A Piece of Christmas” by Cathy Skogan-Soldner. It follows a piece of fabric as it is passed between the important people in the Christmas story. All children are invited to join in the fun; you do not have to be a member of Herndon UMC to participate.
HUMC KIDS will present the pageant on Wednesday, December 5 at 6pm in conjunction with a dinner hosted by the Herndon UMC Preschool. The dinner is a fundraiser to benefit the Preschool scholarship fund.
- A Parent's Information Meeting is Sunday, October 7 at 10:15am.
- Auditions for the speaking parts is Sunday October 14, between 3:30 and 4:30pm in room 20. Please select a time slot for your child’s audition at https://goo.gl/NHmNJj
- Rehearsals for singing will be during the usual Joyful Noise and One Accord choir rehearsals on Wednesdays (5:30 or 6:30pm, depending on age).
- Rehearsals for the entire pageant are Sunday afternoons, 4:00 - 5:00pm.
- Dress Rehearsal is on December 2.
- The pageant is on December 5, and performers should report at 5pm.
Please note that KIDS who only want to sing do not need to come to these auditions. Children do not have to learn any line prior to the audition unless they choose to, rather than read from the script. We promise to do our best to give a speaking part to everyone who wants one. Each scene is just as important as the others in this story so there are plenty of fun parts to choose from!