Playing kids basketball with UPWARD sports is not only fun your child, but a great fit for your family! Our kids basketball programs fit into your family’s busy schedule with just a one-hour practice and one-hour game each week. Coaches use practices and games to teach and build basketball skills while making sure the kids have fun. Kids will also learn teamwork and build self-esteem, making for a positive sports experience.
Explore here for more information on HUMC's basketball league (November-February) and summer camp (early August).
The key dates for this season are:
- Friday, November 8 -- Player Evaluations, 6-9pm
- Saturday, November 9 -- Player Evaluations, 9am-Noon
- Monday, December 2 -- Practices Begin
- Wednesday, February 19 -- Coach v. Ref Dinner and Game, 6pm
Each team normally practices once (one hour) per week. Please note that each team will have two extra practices on December 7, 8, 15 or 21. There are no practices between December 21 and January 3.
Games will be played on weekends, January 4-February 23.
- Saturdays -- 8am & 9 am – Kindergarten
- Saturdays -- 9am, 10am & 11am -- 3rd/4th grade boys
- Saturdays -- Noon & 1pm -- 3rd/4th grade girls
- Saturdays -- 1pm & 2pm -- 1st/2nd grade girls
- Saturdays -- 3pm, 4pm, 5pm & 6pm -- 1st/2nd grade boys
- Sundays -- 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm & 4:30pm -- 5th/6th grade boys & girls
The 5th/6th Grade Tournament will be held on February 29 and March 1.
The UPWARD league is for students in Kindergarten through 6th grade who want to play basketball. UPWARD is a Christian Basketball Ministry. Our Mission is to create a healthy, competitive atmosphere where every player will receive equal play time throughout the season and will not only learn the fundamentals of basketball but the foundations of Christian faith on and off the court.
Read more ...
After working through some challenging situations, the UPWARD committee decided to create a mission/values statement, which you will find posted in various places. As much as the statement itself is important, so is the thought, prayer, and effort that went behind it. Our Upward ministry statement truly was a team effort and a reminder of how God can bring good out of tough situations. When you get a chance to read the statement, please do so. It’s a great tribute to a fabulous program that our church has loved and supported for years.