Herndon UMC’s current protocols reflect the up-to-date guidance from the CDC alongside the large downturn in hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID-19 in Fairfax County. Even with this new guidance, please know you are welcome to be masked in the building if you choose to be masked. Additionally, if you would say that this is not the right time to be in-person, our digital offerings will continue to grow in the coming weeks.
If you’d like to read more about the CDC’s new levels, you can do so here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/community-levels.html
As a reminder, the Herndon UMC Preschool operates with a different set of standards due to regulations from Fairfax County.
High COVID-19 Community Levels
- Masking required in the building regardless of vaccination status for all activities
- No food or drink
- Encouraged digital or hybrid gatherings where possible
- Limits on room occupancy and length of gatherings where appropriate
Medium or Low COVID-19 Community Levels
- Masking is optional in the building, but anyone who wants to mask is welcome to do so, especially those who are immunocompromised or at higher risk for infection.
- Encouraging vaccination and boosters whenever possible.
- Appropriate social distancing (6 feet of distance between individuals) should be observed whenever possible, especially in rooms with higher occupancy for longer periods of time.
- Take frequent (at least once per hour) breaks to go outside if gathering indoors.
- No limitation on food or beverage preparation or consumption.
- Hybrid and digital gatherings are encouraged whenever possible to be as inclusive as possible.
- If you are sick, showing symptoms of illness, or have had a recent exposure to COVID-19, please stay home.
As always, if you or your ministry area have an event or ongoing activity that would require action outside of this guidance, you are welcome to submit a proposal to HCT via email: email@example.com.
Thank you for joining alongside us to ensure we are able to live as healthy and connected a life as possible in the Herndon UMC family!
Herndon UMC Healthy Church Team
Questions? You may always contact the Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also find helpful resources here like:
A building map showing new room numbers. (Click the image to enlarge it.)
Learn more about the ministry of our Trustees here in the Trustees Tidbits blog below. These are also available weekly in the Tuesday e-News.
“Cleanliness is next to Godliness.” This proverb first appeared in a sermon by John Wesley in 1778. It expresses the idea that those who are pure and wholesome are close to God. As you grow in faith closer to God, the Trustees oversee the work of the custodial staff who are much appreciated for their work in keeping our facility clean. In the Spring of 2020 after the completion of the Upward Basketball season, the Doe Fellowship Hall had a “deep” cleaning of the gym floors by an outside...