Worship is an important part of our community. There are many ways to take part in. Learn more here:
- Share the gift of music — Right now, most of the opportunities are through special offerings. If you play an instrument or would like to share your voice, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. In normal circumstances, there are choirs, handbells and chimes ensembles, and HerndonUNTD (band). Shannon Wise, Director of Music Ministries, can help you get engaged.
- Lend your voice — Every week there are prayers, scripture readings and other opportunities to lend your voice in leading worship. If you would like to help read for the service, contact email@example.com, and she will help you find the opportunity that is right for you.
- Make worship visual — If you are interested in sharing pictures (usually of nature) that you have taken or creating artwork to go with an upcoming message, again, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will help you find the opportunity that is right for you.
- Connect KIDS with God love — Video KIDS CLUB and KIDS messages are created every week. Contact email@example.com if you would like to help create a video to connect KIDS with God’s love.
- Welcome everyone — If you are interested in greeting people during online worship chats, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Normally, the First Impressions team serves as ushers and greeters. They may be in the parking lot or in an entry or doorway. The goal is to ensure that all feel welcome at Herndon UMC and know that God’s love is for everyone.
Other teams that will become more active again as we return to in-person worship include:
- Serve Communion — Herndon UMC normally celebrates communion once each month. Worshippers are given a physical reminder of Christ’s love for us. Communion assistants play an important role in sharing and serving their community by serving communion during worship. Assistants may help prepare elements, come to the front when called, and may also help clean up from communion after the service.
- Set the atmosphere — When we worship in person, there is a small group of people who create settings for worship experiences.
- Run audio/visual — In-person worship typically involves some sound amplification/mixing and visual presentation via slides. AV Team members are trained to set up and use the Herndon UMC systems.
If you are interested in joining any of these teams, please contact email@example.com and Jen will put you in contact with the right team leader.